Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Are we losing something?

Blogging, twittering ... are the fast responses eliminating the necessity for rational responses? Do people just want to see their names up in "lights"? Is it the "me" generation? Is it the "I want" generation? Does everyone need their 5 minutes of fame? Are we losing the sensitivity of considering the person to whom we are talking?
... and all of this is composed of questions which of course usually necessitates an answer. Do I want a "blog" answer or would I prefer to have a conversation with someone who considers the question and the verbal answer is accompanied by the human touch of body language and other interruptions that can lead to further erudite conversation? Oops ... another question !!!

1 comment:

  1. I think they are some very interesting questions. The thing that interests me is that these activities are not restricted to a particular generation, and I have seen people of all ages get excited by them.
    Personally, I think it is a symptom of an increasingly disconnected world, and we are searching for greater connection....

    ReplyDelete